Skip to main content

HOW TO AVOID YOUR NEWBORN ON BECOMING A LIGHT SLEEPER.

HOW TO AVOID YOUR NEWBORN ON BECOMING A LIGHT SLEEPER.

I wish I knew this when Reign was born, in fact, my mom had given me advice on this and sadly, I was stubborn and wanted to learn a few things on my own and wanted to do things my way too.....boy, I should've listened.

Having a newborn or even a toddler, that are light sleepers, can be really difficult, draining and extremely exhausting. A year ago, Reign would wake up to any sound, even to me coughing or opening my bathroom door. This made it extremely difficult for me to get anything done around the house and more difficult to actually leave the house. I would tip toe around the house, scared to answer my phone or if I was laying next to him, I would find myself thinking of ways, on how to turn myself on the side without waking him.. seriously, I know this sounds so crazy, but this is definitely not exaggerated. I became so frustrated, I then decided to take my mom's advice, praying that it wasn't too late to get Reign out of this habit. We all know that nap times are so important, if anything.. we look forward to nap time, I usually call it "mommy's break time", during this time, we clean, cook,check our emails and social media or even just catch up on our favorite TV shows, so having a baby that wakes up to every sound, can leave you cussing all day, trust me.

I knew that I had to make some changes and I had to do it real fast. I started implementing all the things my mom said I should do, and the results was amazing! It was challenging, and I wish I had listened at the beginning, it would have saved me so much precious time.. Here are a few things I did, that got Reign from being a light sleeper, to sleeping right through the night and taking long naps, without waking up every ten minutes! Implementing these things with a newborn will definitely be a lot easier than trying to get a toddler to adapt to these changes, BUT... it can be done, trust me. 

•Make sure that your house is not completely quiet while your little one is taking a nap, or about to take a nap. have your tv or radio on. This will make your little one adapt to the sound and most importantly, your little one will familiarize themselves with the different noises and sounds. You also don't want your tv or radio too loud.. set the volume just enough, for your little one to hear the voices and different sounds, but let the noise and sounds be consistent. Do this during the day with the natural light shining into your home. Your little one will familiarize themselves with the sound, and they will fall asleep right through it.

•Play music for your little one during bath time, I usually play classical or jazz or hymns.. make sure that the volume is set to be gentle and at a relaxed pace. This really helped me because, babies tend to be sleepy after bath time, so the soft and gentle music helps with relaxing them and at the same time, they are familiarizing themselves with the sound and gentle noise too. 

•Have normal conversations with your husband or guests, while putting your little one to sleep. This will allow them to familiarize themselves with different voices and tones. This will make it easier for them to fall asleep while you have guests over or even if you are at the mall or at family events.. I don't think you would want to keep telling your guests to lower their voices, every time you have people over. We are fully aware that babies become cranky when they're tired, so familiarizing themselves with different voices, tones and sound, will make it easier for them to fall asleep no matter where they are. 

Do not be afraid to have a little bit of activity in your home, while your little one is taking a nap. Babies start to learn everything we teach them and what we familiarize them with. I struggled with Reign because, I put him to sleep in complete silence.. it was definitely and entirely my own fault, but once I started doing all these little things, he now sleeps right through the night.. he takes his naps while I have guests over, with no hassle.. he falls asleep if we are out, during the time he usually takes his nap.. I get things done around the house, check my mail and social media and, I even get to watch my tv shows while laying next to him, shooo! I should've listened to my mom, after all.. she was right! 


I hope this can help some of you mama's or soon to be mamma's😊

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HOW TO BUILD A STRONG MARRIAGE. I want to help you by sharing some tips on how to have a strong marriage. We all dream of getting married to someone, that will love us unconditionally, someone to spend forever with. We all want our significant other, to treat us with respect, love and loyalty.  We are all aware of the fundamentals of marriage. •Trust •Honesty •Loyalty  •Faithful  •Commitment  •security  •Love •intimacy  •Respect You should have those fundamentals from the get go, from the very beginning of your relationship. You need to have that before you can focus on the tips I'll be sharing with you. The fundamentals are important, if you do not have that, then what are you doing?.  HERE ARE SOME TIPS TO BUILDING A STRONG MARRIAGE.  COMMUNICATION.  Communication is key, in every relationship. This is important. Find ways to communicate about everything, without the fear of wondering how your partner will react. If you're marrie

TIPS ON HOW TO TRAVEL WITH YOUR NEWBORN BY AIR, FOR THE FIRST TIME.

HOW TO TRAVEL WITH YOUR NEWBORN BY AIR, FOR THE FIRST TIME. Want to start planning a trip soon, but you just recently had a baby? Do you need to relocate to another country? Does traveling with your little one for the first time, cause uncertainty? If you answered YES to all these questions, you came to the right place. The thought of traveling with your little one for the first time, can cause anxiety to most parents, especially first time parents. This is pretty normal, trust me.. I've been there. This will be an amazing experience and it is nothing to be worried about. I can tell you this because of my own experiences. HERE ARE SOME TIPS ON WHAT YOU WILL NEED, BEFORE YOU TAKE THAT STEP. • GET THE "OKAY" FROM YOUR DOCTOR/PEDIATRICIAN. Make sure with your family doctor or your baby's pediatrician, if it's okay for you to travel with your little one. Most people don't usually do this, but I feel it's important to get the "okay", just to

HOW TO GET LONGER, THICKER HEALTHIER HAIR.

Ladies😊 I love beauty hacks, especially natural ones. I said I was going to incorporate beauty hacks or tips on my blog too, so here's one that I live by..  HOW TO GET LONGER, THICKER, HEALTHIER HAIR. . Before I go into my weekly hair routine.. let me just add, that I'm not an expert, I'm simply just a beauty enthusiast that has done all my research on beauty tricks that works for me.  The Products that I use, are natural products. This has been a personal preference for quite some time now. WHY?.. well, when I was pregnant with my son, my hair was at it's best, it was healthy, shiny and really soft and smooth. Research shows that, when women are pregnant, the hormone level allows for hair and nail growth.. 99.9% of women experience this while pregnant. The pregnancy glow, is real and a lot of women feel most beautiful, when they are pregnant.  The reason why I prefer natural products on my hair, is because, for many years I damaged my hair with chemical pr